Empress Rooms Ltd Terms & Conditions
1. The following booking conditions together with the general information contained on this website form the basis of your contract with Empress Rooms Ltd or the Empress Rooms. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. Please note: To make a booking, you may either email email@example.com or telephone on 01709 591731
Making your booking
2. The person making the booking (“the party leader”) must be at least 18 and must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking. By making a booking, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorised and that all party members agree to be bound by these Booking Conditions. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to Empress Rooms. Subject to availability, we will confirm your arrangements by issuing a confirmation upon request by fax, email or post. This will be sent to the party leader. Please check this carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information, which appears on the confirmation, or any other document appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. As we will have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where those errors were made by us. Subject to this, we regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any document within 14 days of our sending it out. We will do our best to rectify any mistake notified to us outside these time limits, but you must meet any costs involved in doing so. The only exception to this requirement to meet costs is where we made the mistake in question and there is good reason why you did not tell us about it within these time limits.
3. In respect of all arrangements requiring payment prior to the start of the arrangements in question, if we do not receive all payments due in full and on time, we are entitled to assume that you wish to cancel your booking. In this case, we will be entitled to keep all monies paid or due at that date and you must pay the cancellation charges shown above depending on the date we reasonably treat your booking as canceled.
4. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the hotel in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
5. A binding contract between you and Empress Rooms comes into existence when we send a confirmation verbally or electronically and the terms and conditions, in addition to these conditions, will be applicable to the contract. English Law will apply to our agreement and to any dispute or claim, which arises between us out of it. The Courts of England and Wales must deal with any such dispute or claim.
Cancellation by you
6. Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately contact Empress Rooms. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received, at which time you will be given a cancellation number relating to the date and time of your call or email cancellation. You must keep this for reference, deposits are non refundable
7. In the first instance please contact the Empress Rooms by phone, post or email, stating clearly the nature of your query. If for any reason a decision cannot be made within 7 working days, we will investigate your query thoroughly and keep you updated as to its progress. If we find that your query is not valid you will be contacted stating the reasons for our findings. If you are still unsatisfied with the outcome at this stage, you have the right to take your case to a suitable arbitration service.
Pets on the premises
8. Even though we are all pet lovers at the Empress Building the ballroom is not suitable for pets of any kind due to noise, no garden or licenced outdoor area or facility.
Food & Drink
9. No food and drink is permitted on the licensed premises other then what is served by the Empress Rooms, if found to be in possession of such items staff reserve the right to confiscate or destroy the said items. This may result in a verbal or written warning or even a lifetime ban.
10. We request that you are always polite and charming to the Empress Rooms staff during your visit, even if they have made a mistake, you can be assured that they will endeavor to sort out any problems in real time situations and offer a high level of customer service. Shouting and screaming profanities on the licensed premises is prohibited and may result in a verbal or written warning or even a lifetime ban, at the very least you would ask you to leave.
11. The Mexborough has ample car parking space, however parking is at the owners risk and we hold no responsibly for any damage to your vehicle whilst parked on the premises, see free parking area
12. A parent or guardian must always accompany children, there maybe be events, bouncy castles, play equipment onsite and it is your responsibility to monitor and keep you child safe. The Empress Rooms will not be held liable or responsible in any situation whatsoever.
13. Bringing your own food and drink to events prohibited. Security bag check operations are in constant process on arrival and during the evening, guilty parties will be excluded indefinitely. The management reserve the right to refuse entry to any violation. The Ballroom is also monitored by CCTV and will be used as evidence against any violator of these terms.